[Histonet] Vantage in Grossing Room

Michael Mihalik mike <@t> pathview.com
Wed Nov 5 09:12:26 CST 2014

Amber, at the risk of exposing my ignorance, doesnt AB&T and Vantage offer
very similar functionality?   I'm just curious why you would have both?

As to your question, if you have some validation process occurring at
grossing that requires information from your Copath system, then perhaps you
might want to use Copath at grossing.  For instance, if you scan
requisitions or manual drawings or anything of that nature and you require
those scanned images or other information to be verified at grossing, you
might want to use Copath for grossing IF that information is not being sent
across the interface from Copath to Vantage.

I hope I’m making sense, but if not, please feel free to ask for
clarification.

Michael Mihalik
PathView Systems | cell: 214.733.7688 | 800.798.3540 | fax: 952.241.7369

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Amber
McKenzie
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2014 9:49 AM
To: Tom McNemar; 'Morken, Timothy'; Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Vantage in Grossing Room

 For those of you who have Vantage, in your grossing room do you have
Vantage set up or your LIS system?  I was thinking it should be vantage, but
our Co-path person said we should have AB&T set up in the grossing room and
let vantage start at embedding, microtomy and case assembly.  What are your
thoughts? Do you have a full computer, keyboard, and scanner in grossing?
Thanks!