[Histonet] RE: IHC Validation

Sebree Linda A LSebree <@t> uwhealth.org
Wed Nov 5 07:36:54 CST 2014

Karla,

We try to run 1/2 of the required cases with known negative cases and the other 1/2 with known positive cases.  In addition, all cases are run with a negative reagent control in place of the antibody using the optimized protocol for the antibody.  These are your negative reagent controls.

Linda A. Sebree
University of Wisconsin Hospital & Clinics
IHC/ISH Laboratory
600 Highland Ave.
Madison, WI 53792
(608)265-6596
FAX: (608)262-7174

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Arrington, Karla A
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2014 10:27 PM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] IHC Validation

I am validating IHC's. What is the CAP requirements regarding negative slides. I've asked CAP but have not received a response.
Are 10 negative patient tissues ran for each antibody using the negative protocol or are they ran using each antibody but also a known Negative control ran using the negative protocol?
Thanks!

Karla Arrington, HT (ASCP) HIT (AHIMA)
Supervisor of Pathology
ANMC Pathology