[Histonet] RE: Animal Tissue/Human Tissue

Anne Murvosh amurvosh <@t> advancederm.net
Tue Nov 4 12:12:45 CST 2014

My first job was at a lab that did both human and animal (till a case got mixed up)  the only difference I found was animals were fattier and hairier.  Same microtome.  Anne

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Matthew Lauterbach
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2014 8:39 AM
To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] Animal Tissue/Human Tissue

Has anyone used the same microtome to cut animal tissue as well as human tissue?  We are a hospital clinical Histology lab being asked to provide research study slides from nonhuman sources.  Anyone have an input or precedence?  I couldn't find anything that specifically prohibits this practice from the CAP.  Thanks for the help in advance!!