[Histonet] histonet workflow

Sue suetp918 <@t> comcast.net
Tue Nov 4 10:53:18 CST 2014

We have a weekly schedule prepared monthly
Tech 1 rapids, special stains, IHC microtomy
Tech 2 bone marrow, cell blocks and assist tech 1, this tech can be pulled for routines if possible
Tech 3 biopsies, H&E stainer, and case distribution
Tech 4 our off site campus work, this tech also does microtomy on routine cases for the main campus
Tech 5 embedding, instrumentation (processors), and microtomy, this tech does not get biopsies on the day instrumentsprocessors are broken down
Techs 6, 7, 8, 9 embedding and microtomy- once cutting complete these techs are assiged other duties

Of course nothing is in stone there are vacations and calls outs so we must be very flexible.

S.Paturzo
TJUH