[Histonet] Cold plates for icing blocks?

nmhisto <@t> comcast.net nmhisto <@t> comcast.net
Mon Nov 3 19:28:26 CST 2014

I found a stainless steel pan measuring about 14" long, 9" wide and 5" deep and filled it with DH2O.  I got it out of the freezer when I arrived at work and by the time I was ready to face, there was a bit of melt on top of the ice block that was just right.  Adding a bit more DH20 at the end of the day keeps the surface flat.  My successor puts gauze on the ice for more contact of block surface. I also had two smaller, more shallow stainless steel pans for smaller numbers of blocks.  Restaurant supply stores are a bonanza of ideas for histology but I found the smaller SS pans on eBay.  I inherited the bigger SS pan.  Cheers!