[Histonet] RE: Cold plates for icing blocks?

Rathborne, Toni Toni.Rathborne <@t> rwjuh.edu
Mon Nov 3 13:35:56 CST 2014

I had an employer years ago who used this. The disadvantage that bothered me the most was the paraffin shavings flying around due to lack of moisture. It created a very "dirty" environment, and there were frequent floaters due to the difficulty in keeping the microtome blade clean. I wouldn't recommend this at all, but maybe your conditions have more humidity and could work with this.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Morken, Timothy
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 2:29 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Cold plates for icing blocks?

Does anyone use a cold plate, like that used for embedding, for icing blocks for sectioning? Just an idea....

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Histology, Electron Microscopy and Neuromuscular Special Studies UC San Francisco Medical Center Box 1656
505 Parnassus Ave
San Francisco, CA 94143
USA

415.514-6042  (office)
tim.morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org<mailto:tim.morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or distribute this email message or its attachments. If you believe you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.