[Histonet] OCT Issues

Lewis, Patrick patrick.lewis <@t> seattlechildrens.org
Mon May 12 16:11:53 CDT 2014

Hi everyone.

With Snap frozen tissue in OCT.  If I cut sections and fix them in cold acetone for 10 minutes, (Is 2 minutes vs 10 minutes going to cause any issues?)

Is it better to dry them and then put them in DPBS or just put them straight into DPBS?

If I changed the fixative to 10% NBF would that be better for the tissues  than Cold Acetone?

I am still having problems with my Frozen sections looking digested, and I am not really sure what is causing it.

Patrick.