[Histonet] Re: Wrinkles on Glutaraldehyde Fixed Tissue

Ricardo Leyva rleyva <@t> ucsd.edu
Thu May 8 13:16:00 CDT 2014

Hi Bea,

Thank you for your response. The reason to 4% Glut use is just a PI
request (really a matter of preference), and it is only on tissue that
will not be immunostained. The ocular tissue I work with is rabbit. One
thing I noticed is that the tissue that is fixed for 24h takes longer to
become wrinkle-free, whereas the 48h (or more) fixed tissue seems to
spread out in the waterbath with better consistency.

I am aware of the use of Davidson's‹in fact you are the one who so
patiently gave me recommendations on it, and for that I am grateful.
Nonetheless, something I'd encounter with Davidson's each time is that
tissue would shrink a bit too much after processing (all of my
reagents‹EtOH, Xylenes, and Wax are set for about 1h20min each); I tried
decreasing the processing time but the issue remains. Perhaps the
processing time needs to be increased on  my end to get better results.

Ricardo