[Histonet] Position open in Boston Suburb in Pharma/Biotech
jblaine <@t> astrixinc.com
Thu May 8 10:56:32 CDT 2014
Hi. I am a scientific/pharma recruiter. One of my pharmaceutical/biotech customers is seeking to hire a contract IHC specialist. This is great opportunity to move out of a hospital setting or a processing lab (LabCorp, Quest, etc.) and in to a research/industry environment. Your efforts will support research and development of cancer and infectious disease drug candidates.
This position is full-time, M-F, 9 to 5 (approx) and located in Waltham, MA just off of 95.
If you are interested please send me a copy of your resumé (in MS Word format) to jblaine <@t> astrixinc.com. Please also include your desired compensation. If this position is not right for you but you know of colleagues that may be more appropriate please forward them this information. Thanks!
Below is a list of responsibilities:
* Performs microtomy of formalin fixed paraffin embedded (FFPE) tissues.
* Provides tissue processing and embedding support to all projects and programs including Discovery, Biologics, Safety Assessment, Cancer and Infectious Diseases.
* Reviews and interprets Immunohistochemical and H&E stained tissue sections by light microscopy and fluorescence microscopy for Cancer and Safety Assessment projects.
* Provides biomarker support by performing routine staining of tissue specimens utilizing automated and manual IHC procedures.
* Implement quantitative image analysis for dual stained IHC slides.
* Primary work interactions with the pathologist as well as the in vivo bioscientists
* Prepares data presentations to project meetings
* Work with histopathology management to lead the implementation of the quantitative analysis of image data for IHC including localization and expression patterns in rodent preclnical tissue.
* Document preparation including IHC validation reports and SOPs
Email: jblaine <@t> AstrixInc.com
Creating Value and Trust in the Business of Science™
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is for the intended addressee only. Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the information, or copying of this message is prohibited. If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the sender immediately and delete this message.
More information about the Histonet