[Histonet] IHC VALIDATION

Cartun, Richard Richard.Cartun <@t> hhchealth.org
Thu Mar 27 09:06:29 CDT 2014

I keep an Excel spreadsheet on all my antibodies (and probes).  I list the case number, the tissue tested, the result, "is this the expected result?", diagnosis and/or comments, and the detection system used.  I am a firm believer of maintaining a "prospective" validation meaning I add positive and negative cases to the spreadsheet even after the primary validation is completed.  This allows you to monitor for analytical drift, and also proves useful in identifying cases for educational purposes and for identifying control material.  I will send you (and anyone else who is interested) a copy of the blank template.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & Immunopathology
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 972-1596 Office
(860) 545-2204 Fax
richard.cartun <@t> hhchealth.org

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Sara Baldwin/mhhcc.org
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 9:16 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] IHC VALIDATION

Histonetters
 does anyone have a validation form that reflects the new principles of validation out there that would be willing to share???

Thanks
Histology/Cytology Supervisor
S. Kathy Baldwin, SCT (ASCP)
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center sbaldwin <@t> mhhcc.org Ph 812-996-0210, 0216, Fax 812-996-0232, Pager 812-481-0897, Cell 812-887-3357

"Christ's healing mission of compassion empowers us to be for others through quality and excellence."