[Histonet] IHC on paraffin embedded skin tissue!

C.D.G. latecor <@t> montevideo.com.uy
Fri Mar 21 21:44:20 CDT 2014

 Jennifer be sure to add three or four drops of H2O2 to the solution. Maybe the lack
 of oxidation of the chromogen is the cause of no color development.
 Best luck,
 Carlos.-

>       Histonetters-

           I have a question about mouse skin
>samples----an IHC experiment has gone wrong and I am not sure why. I have
>a set of paraffin embedded mouse skin samples from an inflammatory model
>that were stained for F4/80. The end result is no color development after
>the addition of DAB. I use the DAB tablets from Sigma using the TBS buffer
>to dissolve the tablet. There is no color development, not even
>non-specific staining. Any ideas what the problem might be?????  I also
>performed a Proteinase K antigen retrevial step (using the ready made
>solution from Dako) for 15 minutest at 37 C as I was instructed to do.
>Thank you in advance for any insight!

Jennifer Oskins

Jennifer L.
>Oskins
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains