[Histonet] Re: Slide Consults

Kelley, Amanda akelley <@t> path.wustl.edu
Thu Mar 20 13:21:52 CDT 2014

Amber,
        My lab buys half size colored slide labels and we place them on the bottom of the slide, they are just a little bit bigger than the size of the +'s on plus slides. We have a printer for consult slide labels which when they are received we print these half labels. They do not obscure the labels from the submitting lab, and we can scan our slides for future reference and electronically attach them to the case, with both numbers intact.

Amanda
Dermatopathology center
Washington University Medical School in St. Louis

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Bob Richmond
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2014 11:51 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Re: Slide Consults

Amber McKenzie (where?) asks: >>Would it be rude to ask other hospitals that review my slides to NOT WRITE their accession number on the front of my slides, but instead put their accession number on the back of my slides?
Sometimes, I get slides back that have stickers on the front under my accession number or they'll hand write their accession number under mine.
 I feel like I should scribble out the other institution number so that it doesn't confuse any of us refilling slides. What are your thoughts?  Would anyone like to share their slide send out form?<<

Well, if you put the label on the back of the slide, it becomes very difficult for me to move the slide under the microscope!

Surely it's time for us to get Whole Slide Imaging to replace mailing slides around, now that the units have got down to about the price of a good microscope. But at 75 I won't see it!

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Maryville TN