[Histonet] RE: Slide Consults

Mitchell Jean A JMitchell <@t> uwhealth.org
Wed Mar 19 16:13:53 CDT 2014

Amber:  I find this EXTREMELY irritating when an outside institution either writes their accession number on the label or puts another label over the top of my hospitals labels.  It is not rude to ask other hospitals to not do this; that doesn't mean they won't do it.  I will forward you my slide send out form and how I phrase this request.

Jean Mitchell, BS HT (ASCP)

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Amber McKenzie
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 4:05 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Slide Consults

Would it be rude to ask other hospitals that review my slides to NOT WRITE their accession number on the front of my slides, but instead put their accession number on the back of my slides? Sometimes, I get slides back that have stickers on the front under my accession number or they'll hand write their accession number under mine.  I feel like I should scribble out the other institution number so that it doesn't confuse any of us refilling slides. What are your thoughts?  Would anyone like to share their slide send out form?

Thanks!