[Histonet] Question for Labs performing Electron Microscopy

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 09:30:59 CDT 2014

We used to do TEM at our lab. The work volume was not high and one of histotechnologists was trained to do ALL tasks (fixation → printing the photos of the areas selected by the pathologist).
When not doing TEM tasks, he took care of any of any of all HTL tasks for which he was also trained.
René J.

On Wed, 3/19/14, Gauch, Vicki <GauchV <@t> mail.amc.edu> wrote:

 Subject: [Histonet] Question for Labs performing Electron Microscopy
 To: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
 Date: Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 10:25 AM

 Hi everyone,
 I have been asked to post the following question regarding
 EM...
 If you are providing EM services in your laboratory, who is
 performing the EM, what is their job title and what are
 their job duties ( do they process, embed, cut,stain,etc. or
 just certain portions ).
 Any information would be greatly appreciated...  Please
 feel free to e-mail me directly or through the Histonet ...

 Thanks,
 Vicki Gauch
 AMCH
 Albany, NY

 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may
 contain confidential information that is protected by law
 and is for the sole use of the individuals or entities to
 which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
 recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this
 email and destroying all copies of the communication and
 attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying, distribution
 of, or reliance upon the contents of this email and
 attachments is strictly prohibited. To contact Albany
 Medical Center, or for a copy of our privacy practices,
 please visit us on the Internet at www.amc.edu.