[Histonet] RE: Frozen section PPE

Terri Braud tbraud <@t> holyredeemer.com
Tue Mar 18 12:50:01 CDT 2014

Our 2 cents. For performing frozen sections, we require gown and gloves.
If there is a possibility of a infectious granuloma then we add goggles
and a mask.  Also, we never allow spray coolant in the cryostat as it
has the probability of aerosolizing any nasty bugs lurking in the
cryochamber.

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Holy Redeemer Hospital Laboratory
1648 Huntingdon Pike
Meadowbrook, PA 19046
Ph: 215-938-3676
Fax: 215-938-3874

Message: 5
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 19:28:45 +0000
From: "Piche, Jessica" <jpiche <@t> wtbyhosp.org>
Subject: [Histonet] Frozen section PPE

Hi Everyone,
We were wondering what people are wearing while doing frozen sections?
Mask, goggles, lab coat? We'd like to know what everyone else is doing
to protect themselves.
Thank you,
Jessica Piche, HT(ASCP)
Waterbury Hospital

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This E-Mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it was sent. It may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential,
and the use or disclosure of such information may also be restricted under applicable
federal and state law. If you received this communication in error, please do not
distribute any part of it or retain any copies, and delete the original E-Mail.
Please notify the sender of any error by E-Mail.

Thank you for your cooperation.