[Histonet] Friday histology trivia

Barbara Foster bfoster <@t> mme1.com
Fri Jun 27 12:27:05 CDT 2014

You are so right.  Microscopes equal credibility.  Maybe because we
can actually see an image of the specimen rather than a squiggly
line... or maybe because people actually sit at microscopes rather
than at an impersonal control panel.

Re: AO - They were part of the American Optical/Reichert-Jung
Family.  In 1986, they were acquired by Cambridge Instruments, which
then merged with Leitz in 1991.  The LEI in Leic comes from
Leitz;  the CA, from Cambridge.  I had the privilege of being the
Technical Marketing Manager for the research microscopy group, then,
for a short period, product development manager for a suite that
included the AO clinical line.

Best regards,
Barbara Foster