[Histonet] Friday histology trivia

mtitford <@t> aol.com mtitford <@t> aol.com
Fri Jun 27 07:11:20 CDT 2014

Any one who has seen the CBS evening news with Scott Pelley lately (at least in my area) will have seen an ad for a product named "Salonpas". In the background is a microscope. It is interesting that when you see a microscope in an ad on TV, it implies that real, dedicated research has been performed in bringing the product to market.

In this case, the microscope looks like a 30 year old plus American Optical microscope. I don't think AO  are in busincess any more. Maybe Leica took them over. Looks good though!

I have never seen a microtome in an ad on TV, but plenty of microscopes!

Michael Titford
USA Pathology
Mobile AL USA