[Histonet] RE: ISH preparation

Joana Moreira jmoreira <@t> sidra.org
Wed Jun 25 23:33:14 CDT 2014

Leica's Thermobrite Elite?
http://www.leicabiosystems.com/pathology-imaging/cytogenetics/details/product/leica-thermobrite-elite/

Joana Moreira
Supervisor - Anatomical Pathology
Department of Pathology

Sidra Medical & Research Center
PO Box 26999 | Doha, Qatar
Direct Line  +974-4404-2036
jmoreira <@t> sidra.org | www.sidra.org

Message: 6
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 08:38:29 -0400
From: Emily Brown <talulahgosh <@t> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] ISH preparation
To: Jennifer.Johnson <@t> genzyme.com
Cc: "histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu"

That may be what you have to do, as the first day of ISH needs to be RNase free!
When I do them, it is 10 slides at a time and we have dishes and a lab bench set aside for RNase free procedures only.  Obviously this is not feasible in all workplaces!
I would just think about it logically.  Use gloves when you can, always.
 Can you keep the hybridizing part RNase free? I don't know what machines you use for this--we do process the slides manually in glass dishes and then hybridize in a slide container and oven kept for RNase free purposes.
 After hybridization, you don't really need to be too careful.

Now I'm wondering if there's some sort of magical machine that does ISH!

Emily

"By bitching and bitching and bitching, they could exhaust the drama of their own horror stories. Grow bored. Only then could they accept a new story for their lives. Move forward."

-Chuck Palahniuk, "Haunted"