[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 127, Issue 9

Hugh Luk hlukey <@t> msn.com
Thu Jun 12 17:02:42 CDT 2014

Hi Ronda Mire,

Your best bet is to find someone who discarded an old VIP and has kept their baskets when they purchased new machines, to sell you theirs.   Sorry I don't fit this criteria anymore.

We have thought about replacement parts too, but have not found baskets that work as well as the original manufacturer's items that take advantage of the limited retort space.

You can buy metal autoclave baskets (ie. https://us.vwr.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?catalog_number=89259-814&_requestid=343525) (not affiliated with VWR) or even items meant for stationary for $20-$40 (not affiliated with being stationary either).  However, caution with coatings and metal issues are warranted.

Good luck from Hawaii,
Hugh