[Histonet] Re: Request for Non-fluorescent Sealant

Paul Scott pscott <@t> scigene.com
Tue Jun 10 12:42:37 CDT 2014

Hi John,

My company SciGene has a product called CytoBond Removable Coverslip Sealant
that was designed for use in FISH as replacement to rubber cement for
temporarily sealing of the coverslips during probe hybridization.  Customers
tell us how much easier it is to remove as opposed to rubber cement.

If you send me your details I can get a free sample out to you.  It is
usually completely removed (with no remainder left behind) during imaging so
I cannot provide feedback as to its autoflouresence over a spectral range.

Paul Scott

Technical Sales Representative
SciGene
470 Lakeside Drive, Ste F,
Sunnyvale, CA
94085-4720
408-733-7337 x 305
pscott <@t> scigene.com <mailto:305pscott <@t> scigene.com>

Automating FISH and CMA Workflows
 <http://www.scigene.com/> www.SciGene.com

Hello, I am wondering if anyone would know of a sealant that is
non-fluorescent (or doesn't leak). I am using a biorad duo chamber slide
which has two slots for each chamber, I need to measure the fluorescence of
some sample but Rubber Cement and the nail polish I have tried have both had
some interfering fluorescence. Any help is appreciated!

-John