[Histonet] RE: fluorescent scope and slide scanner

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Wed Jun 4 11:06:01 CDT 2014

Albert

It all depends on your through put and how many slides you need to scan daily.  There are so many other things you need to consider prior to purchasing a scanner.

If you go to the DPA website you can get a lot on information on digital pathology www.digitalpathologyassociation.org

The larger vendors such as Leica/Aperio, Olympus, Philips, GE, Ventana will have different solutions and packages for what you may need to include storage and database, reporting, image analysis, etc.  You need to think about how you want to use the scanner prior to purchasing one.  I have contact information for most of the vendors so if you want me to provide that to you I can.

Now I'm going to give a shameless plug - Jesus Elin, Bill DeSalvo and myself will be giving an all day workshop on this very topic at NSH in Austin it's on Saturday.  If you can't make it to that meeting then the DPA has Pathology Visions in October you would be able to spend time with a lot of the vendors that are in this digital pathology space and in addition to that Bill DeSalvo and I will also presenting on this topic at the Region VII meeting in Phoenix in July.

Good Luck

Liz

Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592
Boulder, CO 80308
(303) 682-3949 office
(303) 682-9060 fax
(303) 881-0763 cell
liz <@t> premierlab.com
www.premierlab.com

March 10, 2014 is Histotechnology Professionals Day

Ship to Address:

Premier Laboratory, LLC
1567 Skyway Drive, Unit E
Longmont, CO 80504