[Histonet] Practice tissue?

Bryan Llewellyn llewllew <@t> shaw.ca
Tue Jun 3 18:17:02 CDT 2014

Go to a butcher and ask what fresh offal they have. That should be much
the same as autopsy tissue. In addition, heart, liver, kidney and steak
from a supermarket should be OK. If you can get some, a fresh placenta
is good for H&E staining with a good mixture of elements, human or
animal makes no difference. Check with a local veterinarian or animal
pound. Sad to say that many unwanted animals are euthanized and their
tissue might be available. If you are close to a slaughterhouse, I
always found them to be very accommodating for tissue requests from pigs
and so on. Rabbit breeders will sell a live rabbit for a reasonable
amount, if you can bring yourself to kill it. They may even kill it for
you if they farm rabbits for meat.

Bryan Llewellyn