[Histonet] Practice tissue?

David Waugh dwaugh <@t> kent.edu
Tue Jun 3 16:51:13 CDT 2014

Hello histonet, I was a member a number of years ago, but had gotten out of doing much histology (I was never a pro) for awhile…. but I seem to be back at it.
I was wondering if people might have some ideas on a good “practice tissue”, one that I could embed, section, and stain (H&E) to both practice my sectioning, and check my staining protocol, etc. I really need to be sectioning some decalcified teeth, and have had some luck, but I would really like to do some more practice on an “easy to section tissue” (other than just a blank block of paraffin)  that I can also test my staining on.  I have accesses to a tissue processor. Is there anything I can just pick up at the grocery store? Thanks, David
David A. Waugh, Ph.D.
Research Assistant
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology
NEOMED