[Histonet] Some Responses for Tissue Processor Alarms

Cristi Stephenson cls71877 <@t> gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 13:57:27 CDT 2014

I have had numerous requests to share the responses for the tissue alarm
processors.  Please see below for some of the answers.  Please feel freeto
contact if I can be of more help :)  Happy Hump Day!

Christi We use SensaPhone2000  alarm system for our3  VIP processors. It
can accommodate up to 8 instruments. However, it only tells you if there is
an error or power failure, not what the error is. You can set up phone
call, pager, email and web interface. You do need a dedicated phone line
for it, or accept that it will interrupt and grab the existing line if
needed.
Tim Morken
Supervisor, Histology, Electron Microscopy and Neuromuscular Special Studies
UC San Francisco Medical Center
San Francisco, CA

Cristi,
I previously used an auto dialer like this one on a VIP. When it alarms it
calls three numbers until it receives an answer. It will deliver a
pre-recorded message the you will record e.g. tissue processor is broken
come fix me.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005WE9AD2?tag=shoppingstoresco-20
I'm sure there are other auto dialers out there that would work as well.
Walter Benton HT(ASCP)QIHC
Histology Supervisor
Chesapeake Urology Associates
806 Landmark Drive, Suite 127
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
443-471-5850 (Direct)
410-768-5961 (Lab)
410-768-5965 (Fax)
Chesapeakeurology.com

Hi Cristi,
I'm currently in a small lab and my VIP is on a surge protector, but also
has an alarm
 connected to the "after hours" on call folks.
I got the system thru my thermo shandon rep.  Hope this helps.
And of course my IT guy here at the facility did all the connections.
Wanda