[Histonet] Peggy Wenk

Shirley A. Powell POWELL_SA <@t> mercer.edu
Tue Jul 29 08:53:14 CDT 2014

Thanks Dave.  Yes she was so brave.  Also HistoTalk is a great venue for histotechs all over the world to get to hear great educators and histology professional champions interviewed by you.  Younger techs will see their names many times but may never be able to relate to or get to know their good examples set for our profession.  But thanks to Histotalk they can go back and listen to what these former ones have accomplished and how they did it.  Such an inspiration.

Shirley

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of David Kemler
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 9:35 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Peggy Wenk

Peggy's last interview on HistoTalk www.histotalk.com was taped last year at the NSH. During her interview, I stopped taping several times, because the tears and my choking up were too much for me. Each time I stopped, Peggy smiled at me and said 'It's Ok, Dave, it's OK".

It's a shame HistoTalk never got the recognition it truly deserved. Interviews like Peggy's have meaning for everyone in the profession. Over the years, HistoTalk has had a small group of champions - Peggy was one of them! God bless. To "Mr. Peggy Wenk", May the Universal Power be within you and your loved ones, now and always.

Dave