[Histonet] Peggy Wenk's passing

Bea DeBrosse-Serra BDeBrosse-Serra <@t> isisph.com
Mon Jul 28 11:52:06 CDT 2014

Lee,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, and a huge loss and void to the world of histology. My sympathies go out to you and your family.

Bea

Beatrice DeBrosse-Serra HT(ASCP)QIHC
Isis Pharmaceuticals
Antisense Drug Discovery
2855 Gazelle Ct.
Carlsbad, CA 92010
760-603-2371

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Lee & Peggy Wenk
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 6:48 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Peggy Wenk's passing

It is my sad duty to tell you that Peggy Wenk passed away peacefully Saturday morning.  Her husband and companion of 37 years and her sister (from Bend,OR) were there.

As you know Peggy had a large influence in the world of Histology.

She also put herself into her church serving over the years as a nursery school director, Lay Eucharistic Minister and on the vestry.
She sang enthusiastically in the choir and played in the newly formed bell choir.

Because of our love of books, we both volunteered at the local library.
We helped collect books, sort them and then helped to sell them; raising funds for the library's use.

There will be two memorial services: one here in Michigan for all her local family and coworkers, the second in southern California (a burial at sea).  We are asking that no flowers be sent; instead Peggy has specified (she and her sister planned the funeral several months ago) three different charitable organizations in lieu of flowers.

St. Mary's-in-the-Hills Episcopal Church (Peggy's church)

Shades of Pink Foundation (financial aid to local breast cancer patients)

Peggy A. Wenk Endowed Scholarship for Histotechnology at Oakland University

Please respond to this email if you'd like more information on the services or on giving (or to lee <@t> lpwenk.net).

Thanks
Lee Wenk (Mr. Peggy Wenk;)