[Histonet] RE: multitissue control block

Barbara Tibbs barbara.tibbs <@t> accuratediagnosticlabs.com
Fri Jul 25 13:37:17 CDT 2014

What is it that you want to know?  I used to make frozen multiple tissue control blocks for ER/PR many years ago before these antibodies could be used for FFPE tissues.  You could do the same thing with paraffin embedded tissue.  I've made multi-tissue blocks using a skin biopsy punch tool to obtain small amounts of paraffin-embedded tissues to be used in the control block.

Barbara S. Tibbs
Histology Supervisor
Accurate Diagnostic Labs
South Plainfield, NJ
barbara.tibbs <@t> accuratediagnosticlabs.com
732-839-3374
Cell: 610-809-6508

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu <histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu> on behalf of Ortiz, Debra <Debra.Ortiz <@t> advocatehealth.com>
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2014 3:56 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] multitissue control block

Hello,

Could someone provide some information on the multi-tissue control block  used for IHC? Does anyone have one that is also used for ER/PR too.

Thank you

Debra Ortiz
Technical Director, AP
ACL Laboratories, Il
Debra.ortiz <@t> advocatehealth.com
This e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail (or the person responsible for delivering this document to the intended recipient), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please respond to the individual sending the message and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.