[Histonet] Brain tissue coming off slide

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 09:31:30 CDT 2014

Generally speaking, brain tissue is likely to fell off if:
1- the section is too thick or "wavy", or if
2- the tissue has some infiltration problems and brain is one tissue difficult to process/infiltrate correctly.
Besides any problems with temp. during HIER or the type of adhesive or type of slide you use, please take a look at your protocol especially if the sections fall off during HIER and not during routine staining.
René J.