[Histonet] Can I use no water benzoyl peroxide from PolySciences in my MMA mixture?

abtdhu <@t> gmail.com abtdhu <@t> gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 07:40:15 CDT 2014

I try to avoid CaCl drying step in making MMA infiltration and embedding solutions. Please help me MMA experts. Many lab use benzoyl peroxide which has 30% water in it. And go through CaCl afterwards.
Another question, why some lab use Butanol and toluene before coverslip? Why use Cellosolve to do deplastify? I think xylene and ethanol are cheaper and less toxic, is it true?
Thanks for you reply.

Dorothy
MGH endocrine histocore

Sent from my iPad