[IHCRG] RE: [Histonet] Mouse GranzymeB

pruegg <@t> ihctech.net pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Tue Jan 28 14:14:01 CST 2014

I agree with what Liz has said.  Usually when I encounter undesirable bg
staining especially if it is nuclear it most often points to over retrieval
of tissues not adequately fixed.  Besides using less harsh retrieval such as
low ph HIER, EIER, or no IER Loui Harkin is a big believer of prefixing
questionably fixed tissue sections after depar in formalin before HIER and
that has worked for me in the past as well.  I almost routinely use serum
free protein block (casein) and in difficult cases replace that with 20%
serum from the species the secondary is made in.  Dako anti rab Envision+ LP
and Leica's anti rab Power Vision LP are my go too reagents for using rab
antibodies on ffpe mouse tissue.  Leica Bonds detection system can be used
for this as well if u skip the post primary which is rabbit anti mouse and
just go direction to the goat anti rab labeled polymer detection.

Good luck,

Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
Ruegg IHC Consulting