[Histonet] Cap on number of antibodies that can be ordered per patient/case.

Victoria Baker bakevictoria <@t> gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 16:35:28 CST 2014

Hi Everyone
I was approached by an administrator today who wanted to know if a limit
(cap) existed on the number of antibodies which can be ordered on a
patient.  They currently run a minimum of two antibodies on all Esophagus
cases as part of a panel.  Now they would like to increase this by an
additional 3.  These cases are referenced based and are on cell blocks
although a few of them would be small biopsies.
I was to understand that doing a "one size fits all" panel was sort of iffy
unless there is an established protocol that proves the necessity for
reimbursement.  I had heard about a cap on the number but can't find the
documentation.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Vikki