[Histonet] Microwave processing

Campbell, Tasha M. tmcampbell <@t> fmh.org
Fri Jan 17 07:43:04 CST 2014

Since I have been microwave processing GI biopsies, I have noticed that
there is a blurry, fuzzy artifact on most of my slides in random spots
on the tissue when looking under the scope.  I asked the pathologist and
he said he notices it too but he doesn't know what it is and it doesn't
interfere with interpretation but it still bothers me.  Does anyone else
have this problem?  I am almost certain it is from processing.  I have
stained some slides of tissue that were processed on a normal processor
and I do not see that phenomenon.  Is this due to microwave processing
and is there a fix for it?

Thanks!

Tasha Campbell, B.S.,HTL(ASCP)

Frederick Gastroenterology Associates