[Histonet] Do I have to destabilize MMA?

Jack Ratliff ratliffjack <@t> hotmail.com
Thu Jan 16 04:50:21 CST 2014

Dorothy,

There are some that completely believe that it is necessary to destabilize MMA prior to use and they are not necessarily wrong as the protocol has worked for them without issue......so I assume. I personally have NEVER had to or tried this destabilization method, quite frankly because I have NEVER had a problem creating an acrylic resin embedded block, regardless of the tissue or size of the tissue, when simply combining monomer (MMA) with softener (DBP) and catalyst (Perkadox 16) in my almost 15 years of exclusively working with this resin for demonstrating bone, biomaterials and medical device implants. Again, I am not saying that the protocol given to you does not work, but rather it is my personal experience that this destabilizing method is an unnecessary step and a waste of time and expense.

Hope this helps and please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

Jack Ratliff