[Histonet] IHC Tech San Francisco Area

anolan <@t> prometheushealthcare.com anolan <@t> prometheushealthcare.com
Tue Jan 14 10:45:20 CST 2014

Hi All,

I'm currently recruiting for a new IHC tech with a facility located in San
Francisco, CA. Please find job description below:

IHC Histotechnologist/Histotechnician

Our Client is an exciting, high-growth molecular clinical laboratory located
in the Bay Area (Northern CA), utilizing cutting-edge technology. The
laboratory is CLIA-certified and CAP-accredited.  Our Client has full-time,
part-time and per diem openings for a Histotechnologist or Histotechnician,
preferably with an emphasis in immunohistochemistry.  Candidate is
responsible for performing routine, special and immunohistochemistry stains,
as well as embedding and sectioning of pathology specimens and mounting,
labeling and distributing microscopy slides to the Molecular lab and the
Pathologists.

The ideal candidate will have:

.         Minimum two (2) years of experience as a Histotechnologist or
Histotechnician, preferably in immunohistochemistry

.         In-depth knowledge and understanding of all technical aspects of
the areas of Histology and Pathology, laboratory techniques, scientific
principles and quality control

.         Ability to embed, cut, stain and mount human tissue specimens
following established policies and standards

.         Ability to use microtome and mount micro-thin tissue sections onto
microscope slides

.         Strong organizational and computer skills

Licensure and Education requirement:

.         Histolotechnologist (HTL) (ASCP) or Histotechnician (HT) license
strongly preferred, but not required

.         Bachelor's Degree in Science or related field

.         Must pass a Color/Vision Test

Anna Nolan -
Recruiter
Prometheus Healthcare