[Histonet] microwave processing

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsfmedctr.org
Mon Jan 13 13:26:32 CST 2014

Gudrun,

A good overview is here:  http://www.ebsciences.com/papers/mw_tech.htm

A couple old books:

"The Microwave Cookbook for Microscopists", Boon and Kok

Microwave Applications in Pathology [Hardcover]
Anthony S. -Y Leong

This person also wrote a lot of articles back in the 1980's and '90s on the subject

Also a book by
Tim Morken
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy and Neuromuscular Special Studies
UC San Francisco Medical Center
San Francisco, CA

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Gudrun Lang
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 10:56 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] microwave processing

Hi!

Can someone recommend literature about microwave processing. I'm interested in the physical principles behind the process. And I want to get answers to the questions: why is this microwave-assisted infiltration faster? What happens to proteins /antigens under microwave radiation? Is there a difference between conventional or microwave processing in relation to antigen preservation after usual formalinfixation.

Thanks in advance

Gudrun Lang