[Histonet] Processing:

Curt c.tague <@t> Pathologyarts.com
Mon Jan 13 13:07:17 CST 2014

This gets me back to another recent topic, soaking the blocks.

I've seen this a little in the past, just soak them on an ice block,tray for a couple minutes and you'll be fine. To me, another indicator would be that if you're getting dry tissue when changed but not later could there be some kind of variation in results??? How often do you change the processors, all the tissue???? A complete change every other day would probably get you consistent results, at least, even if they are a little dry.

Just my experience.

Curt

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jb
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 8:46 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Processing:

I have one tech telling me that when the entire processor is changed the tissue is too dry. We run a lot of fatty tissues, breast, etc on this processor. (Our biopsies are run on a separate processor). Is this correct, or should we only rotate reagents?  No other techs complain. I have a hard time believing this, my experience is the opposite. Any input is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone