[Histonet] Embedding paraffin for brain tissue?

Maria Mejia mbmphoto <@t> gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 00:04:37 CST 2014

Hello,

I too have been experiencing the same difficulties cutting brain samples, I've tried 3 different
types of paraffins - all the the same rolling of sections, some lines & tearing.  It's not my
microtome, because I've had it checked & it went through a recent general maintenance.
I've tried several angle changes, used different brands of low profile coated blades &
carefully watch the temperature of the tissue blocks.

I'm also feeling very frustrated for not being able to cut good brain sections.  Any assistance
anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Maria Mejia
UCSF
Department of Neurology
San Francisco, CA