[Histonet] Choosing a tissue processor

Md. Aminul Islam Khan aikhanlab <@t> gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 03:33:16 CST 2014

Hi everyone,

Can you help us in choosing a tissue autoprocessor. At present we doing
manual tissue processing and our work load is around 90 to 120 blocks per
day which may increase gradually. These include tiny biopsies (e.g.
gastric, pleural etc) to large specimens.
Now we want to go for automation.
People here are very poor for which we give the service at a low cost. They
come from rural areas and staying for extradays in the city is very
expensive for them.
So we want to shorten the processing time as well.
Also the technical hands are very scarce (i.e. if anything goes wrong with
the autoprocessor).
What would be the best technology for us? Microwave, linear, crousel or
vacuum processor?

Thanks in advance and regards,

aikhan