[Histonet] Corpora amylacea are destroyed after antigen retrieval?

Hoekert, W.E.J. W.E.J.Hoekert <@t> olvg.nl
Thu Feb 20 02:34:35 CST 2014

I am not sure if you are talking about the Beta Amyloid antibody, but if you are: the best way to do the antigen retrieval is 3 minutes in formic acid.

Willem

________________________________

Van: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu namens Pirici Daniel
Verzonden: di 18-2-2014 23:59
Aan: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Onderwerp: [Histonet] Corpora amylacea are destroyed after antigen retrieval?

Has anyone observed corpora amylacea on brain tissue being destroyed after antigen retrieval (for example microwaving in citrate buffer)?
We are experiencing this problem, as we are interested to study these structures, and we are not sure if it is a common artifact when preparing slides for IHC...

Thanks so much for your time!
Daniel