[Histonet] aqueous mounting medium

Mehmet Fatih BOZKURT fbozkurt <@t> gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 12:38:17 CST 2014

I'm using modified protocol. I'm storing it at 4C.

*Aqueous Mounting Medium (glycerol gelatin)*

 *Kisser's**Kaiser's**Glycerol jelly**Modified*Gelatine10 g40 g65 g5 gDistilled
water35 ml210 ml300 ml50 mlGlycerol (glycerin)30 ml250 ml100 ml50 mlPhenol
(carbolic acid) 5 ml5 ml

Mix gelatin and distilled water. Heat in 50 C oven until gelatin is
dissolved (it takes about 30 minutes). Add glycerin and adjust pH to 7.0
using 1N NaOH (to avoid fading of hematoxylin). Store at room temperature.

Warm to 37-40 C before mounting. Note: Modified protocol works well.

from ihcworld.com

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 8:22 PM, Caroline Miller <cmiller <@t> gladstone.ucsf.edu

--
Asst. Prof. Dr. Mehmet Fatih BOZKURT
Department of Pathology

Asst. Prof. Dr. Mehmet Fatih BOZKURT
Manager of Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
Afyon Kocatepe University
03030, ANS Campus
Afyonkarahisar-TURKEY
Tel: +902722281312-16300-16301