[Histonet] Re: Lens vs sponges

Sanjeet Dhirubhai asanjeet <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Feb 18 14:48:10 CST 2014

Hi Histo Folks,

We are debating on what we should use during grossing either lens papers or sponges.
We are currently using sponges. And in the near future we will be moving to another Lab, basically a merger of 2 Histo depts. The other Lab uses lens papers. I need to know the pros and cons of Sponges verses lens paper.
with sponges there is carrier over of reagents. Is there any other or any major disadvantages of using sponges. Our reagent maintenance is done everyday and is standard. We do not go by the reagent management alerts from the Tissue Processor.
Help

Regards,

Sanjeet Dhirubhai

 submissions to
     histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

 or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help'
     histonet-request <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

     histonet-owner <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

 When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more
 specific
 than "Re: Contents of Histonet digest..."

 Today's Topics:

    1. Price for preparing IHC slides (Ann
 Specian)
    2. Re: Price for preparing IHC slides
 (Will Chappell)
    3. IHC cartilage (Victoria Rimkunas)
    4. Re: Turn Around Time (Jay Lundgren)
    5. dust-free coverslips - do they really
 exist? (Connolly, Brett M)
    6. Re: Turn Around Time (Rene J Buesa)
    7. RE: Price for preparing IHC slides (Joe
 W. Walker, Jr.)
    8. Re: Price for preparing IHC slides
 (Michael Farmer)
    9. RE: Turn Around Time (Martha
 Ward-Pathology)
   10. Re: Turn Around Time (Bob Richmond)
   11. RE: Turn Around Time (Joe W. Walker, Jr.)
   12. Re: Turn Around Time (Rene J Buesa)
   13. RE: How to De-stain trichrome (Tony Henwood
 (SCHN))
   14. Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 123, Issue 3 (Madeleine
 Huey)
   15. Re: Price for preparing IHC slides (Mike
 Thompson)

 Message: 1