[Histonet] Ventana Vantage and H&E stainer

Anne Murvosh amurvosh <@t> advancederm.net
Wed Feb 12 14:18:29 CST 2014

For the most part I like this system.  A few things though.  Their H&E
racks constantly break so make sure in your contract you get free ones
to replace them.  Also if you have to remove a coverslip it is a pain.
You have to heat the slide for a while so see if they will include a
heater and you will need it.  Every once and a while the coverslips get
a bad lot and you get bubbles.  Also the color of your cassettes can
make a big difference on if the barcode reader can pick up the code so
ask them about it. I don't work there any more so maybe they have fixed
things Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane Wa Has the complete system so
you could give them a call. 509-474-4108  Thanks Anne

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Amber
McKenzie
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:50 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Ventana Vantage and H&E stainer

So, Ventana came out to my lab to do a LEAN consult for us since we are
building a new lab...they want to sell us their vantage tracking system
and H&E stainer.  Our Rep is coming on Fri to talk to me, our lab
director and CEO about these products.  Anyone using these?  I'd like
some feedback so I can be prepared with questions on Fri for our
meeting.  Thanks!