[Histonet] RE: Negative Controls for IHC

Cheri Miller cmiller <@t> physlab.com
Wed Feb 12 08:04:43 CST 2014

I just stopped using the reagent controls on all our IHC due to the drastic cuts in reimbursement. It will be a significant immediate savings for our tiny lab.
Cheryl A. Miller HT ASCP cm
Histology Supervisor
Hygiene Officer
Physicians Laboratory, P.C.
4840 F St.
Omaha , NE. 68117
402 731 4145 ext. 532
Cell 402 493 0403
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of joelle weaver [joelleweaver <@t> hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 1:54 PM
To: Sebree Linda A; 'Abbott, Tanya'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] RE: Negative Controls for IHC

Not too long ago, there was a posting about labs that had discontinued. You technically don't need with a polymer, non-biotin system. I still do them- for now. The pathologist never uses them, internal controls only. But I do, but this may be a good cost cutting idea for the future.

Joelle Weaver MAOM, HTL (ASCP) QIHC