[Histonet] High Fat Tissue Processing Protocol?

Leif Halvorson halvo198 <@t> d.umn.edu
Sat Feb 8 08:39:57 CST 2014

We are using histological analysis to characterize the distribution of fat
cells and gonad development.  We have attempted cryostat with no luck as
there is too much unsaturated fatty acids and the fat never freezes.  We
are now attempting paraffin histo with some success, but we are having
trouble with our tissue processing program.

Can anyone share with us a tissue processing protocol for tissues that have
high fat?  Thank you so much.