[Histonet] Carpal tunnel

Angelicola,Lisa angelicola <@t> uchc.edu
Wed Feb 5 12:20:24 CST 2014

I have just been diagnosed with carpal tunnel in both of my hands and was wondering if any fellow histotechs have had this problem. I'm figuring it's a pretty common ailment in our line of work and after 31 years, it's caught up with me!

I am considering surgery, but wanted to get any opinions on anyone that has gone through it, from a histotechs perspective. How long was the recovery, did it work for you, were you able to go back to work and continue to do what you did before. Do you any advice, suggestions, ect. I'd like to know the good, bad and the ugly!

Thanks!
Lisa Angelicola