[Histonet] Pennsylvania Department of Health permit

Abbott, Tanya TanyaAbbott <@t> catholichealth.net
Tue Dec 16 11:08:11 CST 2014

This is for you Histoneters In Pennsylvania! Are you all familiar with PA Department of Health Act 122-2013? I am wondering how the Pennsylvanians are interpreting the rules for sending out slides for consults to other states? Are you expecting those consulting labs to have PA DOH permits? Some of our consulting labs perform further testing that we cannot perform here in our lab, and some perform further testing that we can perform here, to aid in their consult opinion. And sometimes they just look at our material and give an opinion. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance and happy holidays!! Tanya

Tanya G. Abbott RT (CSMLS)
Manager Technologist, Histology/Cytology
St. Joseph Medical Center
Reading, PA 19603-0316
ph  610-378-2635
fax 610-898-5871
email: tanyaabbott <@t> catholichealth.net

This email and attachments contain information that may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender at once and delete this message completely from your information system. Further use, disclosure, or copying of information contained in this email is not authorized, and any such action should not be construed as a waiver of privilege or other confidentiality protections.