[Histonet] Slide Train Wreck

Mike Pence mpence <@t> grhs.net
Fri Dec 12 14:10:52 CST 2014

There can be a number of reasons for this. First, it can be that your "little" tabs are worn and not holding. Second, it could be that you have one of your jet dispensers putting to much solution on or a air nozzle blowing to hard lifting the slides. Third, the clearance between your slides and the passing nozzles is very little. This can catch the slides and push them. Lastly, your drain main be plugged and the liquid level in the pan can rise and float the slides from the heating pad.

One thing to remember is that when you put liquid under the slide it raises the height of the slide and gets it closer to the moving parts overhead.

Just some things I would be looking at.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Bharti Parihar
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2014 2:02 PM
To: Histonet Archive
Subject: [Histonet] Slide Train Wreck

Salutations Histonetters! Anyone have any ideas as to why the following may be happening? During a run on our Benchmarks, slides come off their pads and when we open them, it just looks like a train wreck. They've flown off their position and knocked into adjacent slides which then knock into other ones. Of course this often means we have to re-run some cases because it didn't stain properly, but surprisingly, many stain fine. I'm not sure why this happens. We initially thought it was due to the pads being too dry when starting our first run for the day, so we started wetting the pads down before loading slides onto them. This works most of the time but not always. Any thoughts? Thanks to everyone who replies!

--
Bharti Parihar, HT (ASCP)