[Histonet] Gomori Trichrome

Lewis, Sarah Sarah.Lewis <@t> nationwidechildrens.org
Thu Dec 11 13:17:54 CST 2014

Joanna, I agree with Tim... We also see this at times if the tissue has freezing artifact.  Gomori Trichrome is very unforgiving :)

Sarah E. Lewis HT, ASCP
The Research Institute at
Nationwide Children's Hospital
Center for Gene Therapy
Neuromuscular Division
Rm WA3110
(614)722-2204

-----Original Message-----
From: Morken, Timothy [mailto:Timothy.Morken <@t> ucsf.edu]
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2014 11:19 AM
To: 'Joanna'; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Gomori Trichrome

Joanna, If it looks like it is under the section, then I would suspect  trapped reagent in air bubbles, folds, etc. If it is on top of the section then maybe more rinsing is needed.

Tim Morken
Supervisor, Histology, Electron Microscopy and Neuromuscular Special Studies UC San Francisco Medical Center San Francisco, CA

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or distribute this email message or its attachments. If you believe you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.