[Histonet] RE: Prostate Needle Bx

Sanders, Jeanine (CDC/OID/NCEZID) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Fri Dec 5 05:06:12 CST 2014

I just received an update from Sakura and the issue seems to primarily be a carry-over issue.

-----Original Message-----
From: wsimons <@t> athensgastro.com [mailto:wsimons <@t> athensgastro.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 2:22 PM
To: aobrien88 <@t> comcast.net; Sanders, Jeanine (CDC/OID/NCEZID)
Cc: histonet; Nancy Schmitt
Subject: Re: [Histonet] RE: Prostate Needle Bx

I had issues with the warranty on one of my processors because of sponges.
It would be interesting to hear from Milestone and other vendors about this issue.
I discontinued the use of sponges decades ago~

Wanda K Simons, HT (ASCP)
Athens Gastroenterology Association
3320 Old Jefferson Road
Athens, Ga  30607

sponges. The sponges are moist with 10% formalin to keep the tissue from drying out. The bx's don't move around or get tangled. It works very well.

>  Andrea O'Brien HT(ASCP)

Nancy Schmitt
>  Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 1:19 PM
>  To: 'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
>  Subject: [Histonet] Prostate Needle Bx
>
>  Our group puts the biopsies between sponges - they don't move around
> or get tangled and we process them with
the small biopsies. Good results.

>  Nancy Schmitt
>  United Clinical laboratories
>  Dubuque, IA
>
>  > Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2014 11:49 AM  > To: Histonet Post
> (histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu)
>  > Subject: [Histonet] Prostate Needle Bx  >  > How do others process
> prostate needle bx's - what kind of cassettes  > do you use?????Do you
> use sponges?????Do you  wrap the tissue in lens paper?????Do you
> process them on a biopsy (short) run?????Our bx's always seem to be
> less
than optimal, but we do not have problems with other small bx's.
>  >
>  > Laurie Colbert
>

>  NOTICE: This email may contain legally privileged information. The
> information is for the use of only the intended
recipient(s) even if addressed incorrectly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender that you have received it in error and then delete it along with any attachments. Thank you.