[Histonet] RE: Prostate Needle Bx--Inking core biopsies for patient identification

Lester Raff MD LRaff <@t> uropartners.com
Thu Dec 4 07:34:05 CST 2014

Our histology supervisor, Andrea O'Brien, asked me to post the reference
for our prostate biopsy inking technique. Andrea did a lot of the
development work and is one of the co-authors. The reference is:

Raff LJ, et al:  The Effectiveness of Inking Needle Core Prostate
Biopsies for Preventing Patient Specimen Identification Errors: A
Technique to Address Joint Commission Patient Safety Goals in specialty
Laboratories. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2009;133:295-297

We have made some minor changes since original publication, please feel
free to email for additional information.

Lester J. Raff, MD MBA
UroPartners
Medical Director Of Laboratory
2225 Enterprise Dr. Suite 2511